- Taking Lorazepam for Anxiety: Suzanne's Story
I was introduced to Lorazepam in hospital as a ‘last resort’.
- Taking Setraline, Diazepam and Mirtazpine: Clare's story
The medication my doctor prescribed me has helped me to ease back into everyday life.
- Taking Psych Meds from GCSE to Graduation: Tay's Story
I have taken about eight different medications over the past five years as I battle my diagnoses
- Taking Olanzapine and Sertraline: Elizabeth's story
After a couple of weeks my sleeping patterns regulated to how they had been before I began the medication
- Taking Fluoxetine and Mirtazapine: Rachel's story
And to me that was almost the scariest thing - I knew nothing about this medication at all, or any of my supposed conditions
- Taking Risperidone to treat Psychosis: Andrew's story
The key with any medication is it has to be reviewed regularly and you need to be educated as to its purpose
- I take Propranolol for anxiety: Rachel's story
Propranolol has the beneficial effect of de-stressing my body and making me feel less tense and wound-up
- Taking Propranolol for anxiety: Katy’s story
Changing medication can be scary, especially when you don't know what the consequences will be
- Treating bipolar, depression and anxiety
If I could go back in time to before I started taking meds, I would tell myself to persevere as things will get better, even if it doesn’t feel that way.
- Taking Fluoxetine, Risperidone and Sertraline
I was grumpy when I came off the medication but my weight went back to normal
- Taking Zopiclone for extreme emotional distress
I now have more independence and confidence as I know I can manage myself better and have control over my mental health.
- Taking Melatonin, Fluoxetine and Sertraline
I think it’s really important to understand that medications aren’t a ‘one size fits all’ type of thing.