Useful contacts and resources
- Citizens’ Advice Bureau – Young People – Health and Personal Care (all UK countries)
- Chronic Medication Service (Scotland)
- Drug Cocktails
Canadian site about the effects of mixing medicines with alcohol and street drugs
- Medicines for Children
Downloadable leaflets aimed at parents and carers about a wide range of UK medicines
- Medicine Guides
Patient information guides to a wide range of UK medicines
- Medicines Use Review (England)
- MHRA medicines patient and public resources (all UK countries)
- NHS24 - Health Information and Self Care Advice for Scotland
How the pharmacy can help
- NHS Wales (Local Services)
- Pharmacy Services (England)
- Yellow card scheme (all UK countries)
For reporting side effects to medications
General advice and counselling services for young people
- Youth Access
Info, advice and counselling services for young people aged 12-25. You can search online for your local service.
Free online counselling for young people, currently only available to young people in certain parts of England and Wales.
- Advice including counselling and mentoring for 14-25 year olds.
Children and young people's counselling. Some Relate services may charge, this varies locally, so check first.
- The Site
Emotional support for young people.
- Get Connected
Help for under 25s.
Emotional support for 11-19 year olds, run by young people for young people.
Children can contact ChildLine about anything, big or small.
- Sex and relationships advice by text for young people living in the London boroughs of Enfield, Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea, and Havering.
- Sex and relationships programme for young women in the London boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Wandsworth. Includes workshops and tailored support aimed at increasing confidence, as well as sex and relationships advice.
Other organisations which can help
- Association of Child Psychotherapists
Information on NHS services and how to find a private therapist
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Largest professional body of counsellors and psychotherapists. Website includes info on finding the right therapist, including NHS and private.
- British Psychological Society
Info on how psychologists can help with mental health problems, and how to find a psychologist.
- British Association of Psychotherapists
Offers parents concerned about their child free advice over the phone about finding the most suitable treatment.
- UK Council for Psychotherapy
Holds the national register of psychotherapists and can give details of local counsellors and psychotherapists.